The claimant is the Admed insured.
The attending physician or surgeon is the doctor who attended to the insured.
Hospital Diagnostic Claims
- It is recommended that you call the ADmed Unit at 62-Admed (622-3633) for Prior Approval, on week days between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- For Prior Approval, we require a letter from the referring physician stating the Client’s symptoms for which test(s) is/are required to make a diagnosis and the name of the test(s) to be done.
- Maritime will fax the Prior Approval Form within the same day of receipt.
Note: For Diagnostics, outside of an Accident or Emergency, the Client must be admitted as an inpatient (at least an overnight stay) on an approved doctor’s recommendation in order to qualify for this benefit.
- For Prior Approval, we require a letter from the referring Physician or Surgeon stating Client’s symptoms, the exact name of the surgical procedure and the estimated cost.
Accident and Emergency Claims
- Maritime Life (Caribbean) Limited will pay the first 48 hours of expenses for Accident/Emergency cases up to a maximum of $10,000.00.
- For Accident and Emergency Services between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m., weekends and Public holidays, Maritime guarantees payment to the extent of the contract benefit as stated above.
- The Medical facility will be responsible for collecting any fees beyond the contract benefit payable.
For Personal ADmed Claims Service kindly contact the following:
|Margaret Trestrail||(868) 674 0130 Ext. email@example.com|
|Cheryl Ann Sylvester||(868) 674 0130 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sparkle Braithwaite||(868) 674 0130 Ext. email@example.com|
|Annalisa Fournillier-Barran||(868) 674 0130 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
For more information on how to make an ADmed Claim, click here!